Cross-processing color negs in B&W developer.

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried this out for the first time today and I have to say I'm very disappointed. As a starting point I used the B&W development times for a similar speed film and all I got out was VERY faint images when I looked up what other people were using for times most listed that they actually shortened the development times. I guess the only question is did I get a bad batch of developer or do other people have the same results?

color neg film is processed at 36 deg, but this is a new one on me, I have printed BW through color chems onto colour paper which gives a sort of sepia effect but havent tried it your way, lets hope there weren't any decent shots there. H

I'm definitely not sorry I lost those pictures it was a roll probably 90% comprised of pictures of an ex-girlfriend which is why I selected it for this process.

I have heard a few people around here say they have done this by mistake when doing batches of B&W film development. And that the negatives came out thin, if it recall correctly. So maybe try starting with standard B&W times and then extending a little to a lot. ;) It’s not really something that you get right the first time other that by luck.

try looking at the massive film development chart at http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

Most reactions

New Topics

Back