Cross Processing

swaly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
(I wasn't sure if this had been posted before; if it has, please feel free to delete.)

I recently heard about cross-processing, and while I'm familiar with the basic idea (slide film in print film chemistry, vice versa), I'm not quite sure how to go about it.

Does anyone how I should compensate on my camera settings when shooting film that I intend to cross process? (If it matters, I'm planning on shooting negative film and getting it processed in slide chemicals) I heard that you should set your camera to a lower film speed, but I'm still a little fuzzy on the details.

What should I do to get good cross processed prints?

Thank you!

i cross process slide film in print chemicals. i use either provia or velvia and i over expose about 2 stops. sorry i dont no anything about going print film to slide chemicals.

(wait, just to make sure)
negatives crossed into slides: a more washed out picture with less saturation or definition
slides crossed into negatives: more brilliant, saturated colors and brighter, more blown out highlights?

Actually, from my (admittedly limited) experience, the results are not all that predictable. It's not just an increase or decrease in saturation, it is sometimes wild color shifts, etc.

Skyeg or someone else who does this regularly can give you more details about what to expect than I can.

Most reactions

Back