crossroad

lsm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
18-1.jpg

hey, guys, i have tried to changed this one, how about this time?

18-1.jpg

To be honest I'm not digging it. The sky is really overexposed, and the ground/people/street are really underexposed. The only part of the photo that is correctly exposed is the church, and the foreground is too busy with blurry people to just have your eye drawn the to church. Too busy if you ask me. Sorry.

thx for ur reply, the control of the exposure is bad, i agree, but my point of view of shooting it not for the sightseeing or any building, what i wanna show is the people and the busy life when they just get free from jobs and hurry up to go back home, thx anyway, mate

lsm said:
thx for ur reply, the control of the exposure is bad, i agree, but my point of view of shooting it not for the sightseeing or any building, what i wanna show is the people and the busy life when they just get free from jobs and hurry up to go back home, thx anyway, mate

let the rest of us see. can you get it back up?

I have seen a lot of this kid MatthewKern. Thay are new most of us have gave them nothing but good feedback and thay have nothing nice to say about us. 99.99% of what this kid types to us is bad.

Here's what I think when I look at this image: I see calmness and serenity (the church) in the middle of bustle and chaos (the people). They work well together, and the exposure of both the church and the people compliment the different roles the two parts of the picture play.

I don't think Matthew said anything wrong - he was being honest, and gave reasons for his comments too. Negative points can be just as helpful as positive ones when you're trying to learn and improve (like me :) )

Ism,

I like the idea of what you are trying to evoke in the shot, but unfortunately, I have to agree with Matthew, it's too underexposed in the foreground to get the feel that you are going after.

I would suggest editing it, and play around with (curves?) the brightness/lightness and the contrast. If you would like, when I get home this evening or tomorrow, I would be happy to have a stab at it, but since it's your picture, I won't touch it unless it's ok with you. Also, there is a forum (somewhere on TPF) for just that...post your pic and those who are good at PhotoShop will play with the levels and colors and see if they can enhance it, and try to bring out your original intent.

Like I said, the idea that you were going for was good, and I would recommend either playing with this pic in PS or going out again, and metering for the people. Just my noob opinion.

i could go either way with this. the dark mood would work if i were in that frame of mind, otherwise you could bring out some detail in those dark areas by simply playing around with the dodge tool in PS. i believe you captured the hussel of street life in this. keep in mind that not everyone is viewing this image on the same monitor, so expect to get varied responses.

btw, instead of searching out the area jocose mentioned, just post a response here with "OTE" (okay to edit) if you want others to show you their suggestions.

:thumbup:

JonMikal said:
i could go either way with this. the dark mood would work if i were in that frame of mind, otherwise you could bring out some detail in those dark areas by simply playing around with the dodge tool in PS. i believe you captured the hussel of street life in this. keep in mind that not everyone is viewing this image on the same monitor, so expect to get varied responses.

btw, instead of searching out the area jocose mentioned, just post a response here with "OTE" (okay to edit) if you want others to show you their suggestions.

:thumbup:

Hey I was just trying to plug the other forum :D

I actually quite like it as it is. So ner ner to you lot!

I like the balance of the lit church and the "look right", I think the motion blurs works well for the image and I like the little details like the cars.

I might be tempted to crop a little of the top off, just to lose a bit of negative space, but that's it.

Rob

I see the sernity of the church with the hustle of day to day life in the pic, however Ithink the church needs to be more the focus of the picture with correct exposure and framing centering it more in the picture and making the lights appear as lights instead of bright blurs. Not that it isn't a good picture just possible some changes to consider.

Most reactions

Back