jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Crow paid a visit to the back yard. What I wasn't able to catch was that a Barn Swallow was strafing this guy to get him to leave, and it worked.

may24202301 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

may24202302 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nice shot - Very smart chap, looks in good condition, no doubt planning something nefarious before he was sent packing…

Thanks! Do they look on the soft side? Or is it just my eyes?
A little on the soft side, now that you mention it. Still, plenty sharp enough to show individual feathers. I can almost hear that caw from the second shot! They're very smart birds.

Nice shot - Very smart chap, looks in good condition, no doubt planning something nefarious before he was sent packing…
Thanks! The Barn Swallow had a lot of pluck and continually harried the Crow until it had enough and left. The Barn Swallow nest has four or five little ones in it right now. Need to get some shots.
A little on the soft side, now that you mention it. Still, plenty sharp enough to show individual feathers. I can almost hear that caw from the second shot! They're very smart birds.
Thanks! Yes, it was interesting to watch the Barn Swallow harassing it. I've noticed that Mockingbirds, Blue Jays, and Redwings will harass them as well, but they in turn seem to harass the hawks and falcons. I'm wondering if the intervening window messed with the focus just enough to soften it.

I saw a tv program the other day about just how smart crows are. really impressive.

I saw a tv program the other day about just how smart crows are. really impressive.
If you can get their attention, and put a platform out for them with peanuts, eventually they will start brining objects they find and leave them on the platform. Very interesting behavior.

Most reactions

Back