CRT-301P failed in cold weather.

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just to let everyone who might think of buying or are currently using the CTR-301p triggers from ebay.

I didnt had any issue or missfire with the triggers EVER, not until last saturday. They are pretty good for the money but for inside use or weather over 15-20 degree C maybe? I dont know about other more expensive triggers but these one prtty much suck in cold weather

Temperature was around 4-5 degree C. After about 45 min of shooting, they started being out of sync really bad. After taking a shot, you could clearly see them lagging a good 1 sec before firein.g....it was kinda funny. Good think i had some more in the car that were "hot".

The other set i used kept working for another 45 min and then i had to swap them again.

Good thing they sell these in 4 packs.

so if you plan on shooting outside this winter with these triggers, make sure you have some "hot" spares and new batteries.

Add this to the long,long,long list of the failures of cheap, Chinese-made poverty wizzard class of flash triggering devices...your story must be the 400th one I have read about where something, anything, from cell phone noise to radio frequency interference in a big city, to cold weather,to hot weather, to humidity, to slightly low battery power, caused the user's cheap triggers to fail to fire.

Add this to the long,long,long list of the failures of cheap, Chinese-made poverty wizzard class of flash triggering devices...your story must be the 400th one I have read about where something, anything, from cell phone noise to radio frequency interference in a big city, to cold weather,to hot weather, to humidity, to slightly low battery power, caused the user's cheap triggers to fail to fire.

You are right, this is why they are so freaking cheap.

However, i used them all summer, last winter in my home studio and they never failed on me. I might be lucky but so far and for what i was using them for, they served me really well,

Is anyone know how the cyber syncs behave in cold weather? i plan on doing some shoot outside this winter and i dont feel like ****ing around with frozen triggers lol

Another reason to use triggers on the PT-04C frequency, but the likely issue was with the batteries getting cold and losing power.

Last edited:
Another reason to use triggers on the PT-04C frequency, but the likely issue was with the batteries getting cold and loosing power.

I was using the same batteries. they were working but out of sync....ususally when batteries goes bad, they simply dont trigger at all, its was diffinetly the triggers acting wierd.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back