CRT vs LCD

monicam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
qj.net
Definitely...I like having dedicated devices. I still can't get warmed to the fact of using my computer as a TV also...I like having a big bulky black box
tongue.gif
:lmao:

LCD sh!ts on CRT for picture clarity, sharpness, definition and colours. They also take up less space on your desk and don't give you a headache if you use them for long periods.

In short: buy an LCD and you'll never look back after pushing the screen resolution to 1280 x 1024. :mrgreen:

LCD!

I still use both and LCD is the best. I only keep the others around because I still use the OS9 (MAC) platform on some items.

Xmetal said:
LCD sh!ts on CRT for picture clarity, sharpness, definition and colours. They also take up less space on your desk and don't give you a headache if you use them for long periods.

In short: buy an LCD and you'll never look back after pushing the screen resolution to 1280 x 1024. :mrgreen:

mmmm not really. at least color-wise. some CRT displays can easily display entire color gamut of prophotoRGB while almost all LCDs are limited to sRGB color tonalities. i will agree about clarity though, as my LCD seems quite a bit clearer than i'm used to from my old CRT. If you want ultra high resolutions, go CRT. there are only a few models of really high pixel LCDs (above 1920x1200), and none of them are really that great for color accuracy, etc. you can easily find good 21" CRTs with resolutions nearing 3000 by xxxx that are used but in perfect condition for under a couple hundred bucks. for color accuracy, i'd say go nice CRT or LCD with good calibration devices (you have to make sure the LCD works well with calibrators). There are some reaaaally nice (but expensive) lcds that are made for photographers and graphic artists though...i think eizo and lacie are the top brands.

anyway, if i had the room, i might try a CRT or two for my work, as the humongous pixel amounts and color accuracy would be a nice benefit. but honestly, i love LCDs. mine works great as far as color goes (at least for now) and the resolution is better than I have used before.

Most reactions

Back