Crucifix

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

This statue is located in a hotel I've visited a couple of times. From the first time I liked the image and thought it couls make an interesting photo, but seemed to lack something. The last time I went there, rain had poured over it the previous night, giving it the added contrast I missed. The stone and moss had a darker color.

I tried the old trick of a low shot, pointing up to make it more imposing... thing is, at the moment I didn't realize I had cut one hand off...
crucifijo.jpg

The questions are: Is the cropped hand too bad to need a reshoot?
Is a reshoot worth the effort or the image is poor anyway?

Thanks for your comments!

If this is your thing, then it's worth a reshoot. The hand doesn't bother me so much, but there's too much foreground.

Yeah. The part below the waist. There's too much of it. And the out of focus-ness doesn't lead me upward as much as it does make me search around the frame for something in focus- if that makes sense.

I think Max hit the nail right on the head.

Although, I also think the white balance may be leaning a bit too blue for my liking. But that's really a personal preference. A reshoot is in order good sir.

Gotta agree on the crop,

WARNING : PUN COMING -----> but on the other hand, <--- sorry!

I think with this crop, the hand missing should now be there...but it is also a strong shot...

Although, I also think the white balance may be leaning a bit too blue for my liking. But that's really a personal preference. A reshoot is in order good sir.

Thanks for the comment. Yep, I tweaked the colors a bit... maybe over did it.

WARNING : PUN COMING -----> but on the other hand, <--- sorry!

Yep, I also thought many punny titles for this, but chickened out on them ;)

I think with this crop, the hand missing should now be there...but it is also a strong shot...

Yep, If I re-shoot this a little higher, it will be easier to compose (for this one, the camera was almost on the groud and I couldn't look through view finder or at the screen).

Thanks for commenting

Personallt I am not a big fan of photos of artwork but I think you do need to shoot a little higher where the stomach and chest areas are not the main focus of the image.

I think this could be good if you kept low but backed away abit. Used a wider angle and cropped it if you had to to keep the entire thing in the frame.
Taken from the perspective of someone there i think would look cool and then process as a contrasty B&W. Darken the wall behind it a tad before messing witht he contrast.
Only my opinion though

Now for the other side of the coin.

I would personally (shock coming) have shot the image father back to emphsize the missing hand. Gone with a full shot with space on every side. Object cnetered with empty space equal to the side where the hand is still attached so that it just adds more to the sense of the missing hands effect. Without that after all it is just another crucifix.

shot the image father back to emphsize the missing hand. Gone with a full shot with space on every side. Object cnetered with empty space equal to the side where the hand is still attached so that it just adds more to the sense of the missing hands effect. Without that after all it is just another crucifix.

Wow, I really love that idea... I will try it for sure. Thanks a lot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back