Crumpler Brazillion Dollar Home?

LoganJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a new camera bag. Right now I'm just using a Canon one that holds my 50D with grip (barely), a lens, flash and some filters. I have the new 17" Macbook Pro also on order and want to get a laptop/DSLR camera bag combo. I plan on using my MBP for studio shoots and processing. That being said, I'm looking at the Crumpler Brazillion Dollar Home. It seems almost TOO big for me.

Does anyone have this bag or seen it in person? Good, bad? What about any other laptop/DSLR combo bags? I don't really like backpack style just because I want to be able to access my gear quickly - but not completely against them.

Thanks

Last edited:
I do not have any experience w/ the bag you mentioned, but I can mention my personal experiences...

I really like my Tamrac bag. Mines a rolling backpack, so its not supper mobile, but it holds a ton of gear for location shooting, trips etc. Its not one I would put on my back and carry. However, I do like there roducts, and they have many to choose from. If you are wanting to carry your laptop too, I think a minimum of a back back is required.
The Official Tamrac Homepage - The leading manufacturer and distributor of camera, photography and camcorder bags

I have went through a couple of bags now, and I always outgrow them. I always get to a point where I cannot take all of the gear I want. Even the bag I currently use leaves some of my gear at home.
Derrick

Edit- I see that the crumpler you mentioned is a shoulder bag that holds a laptop. WOW, that is alot of weight on your shoulder. Just something to think about. If you think it may be too big, get all the gear you may want to take and think about it. Bags get small fast once you start loading them.

LoganJ-

Sorry for the late reply. I have a smaller Crumpler bag that is what I carry around day to day and really like it. It was different than the back packs I carried, and I was nervous about getting one as there was nowhere around where I live that I could try one out in a store. I found one that is an older model but probably close to the Brazillian dollar home and bought it used off of Ebay. I bit large for me, but what I will use if I have to carry my camera on the plane. It convinced me that their construction was good. I really like having a bag that doesn't scream 'Look at me; I am carrying an expensive camera.' I don't carry a laptop, though. Some of their backpacks have a laptop sleeve and may not be as big as the Brazillian, you might want to consider one of them (if you haven't already gotten something else.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back