Crystal Ball Photography

Love this John, have a great year. Ed
Thanks Ed; you too!

Hot glue gun. It won't damage anything and easy to separate after.
Good point, 'though I was meaning more in the optical sense than the physical. Lining them up so that you shoot through several of them.

I say leave it as is. The crystal ball thing has been very popular around here for a few years. Kind of headng towards selective color and train track shots in this area.
:) Well that's just hurtful... anyone wanna buy a couple of glass balls? Only used once...

Fun!

What if you could mount it in a piece of glass with the perfect sized hole, or in a mirror?

There could also be some neat ideas if you could mount it off the ground on a thin rod, then perhaps remove the rod in post.
That sounds like it has real possibilities; I like the "floating" idea!

This is really smart, wouldn't mind seeing it inverted.
Cheers!

Creative indeed!
Thanks, but unfortunately, NOT original...

Good point, 'though I was meaning more in the optical sense than the physical. Lining them up so that you shoot through several of them.

I was picturing a little baby snowman...

I have one of these too- they are popular. Why not add this as a category in Photo Themes?

Reactions: pez
I say leave it as is. The crystal ball thing has been very popular around here for a few years. Kind of heading towards selective color and train track shots in this area.

You do realize John doesn't like change, he still thinks disco pants are in style???? :bouncingsmileys:

I say leave it as is. The crystal ball thing has been very popular around here for a few years. Kind of heading towards selective color and train track shots in this area.

You do realize John doesn't like change, he still thinks disco pants are in style???? :bouncingsmileys:
They're not??????????? :eek:

Interesting. Reminds me of hyperrealism and 4 or 5 point perspective. Not sure if it was here or a painting site that someone mentioned Jason De Graaf. Not all his paintings are inside balls. Makes me wonder how much photographers think about perspective and what exactly can be done with it. (Also MC Esher). By natural occurrence the world we take pictures of is going to have perspective but some pictures do seem to play with it. Anything with a hallway, tunnel or city street is going to have 1-3 point, 4 and 5 are basically just wide angles like 180 degree view like a fisheye lens or this ball or so i gather from some quick searching. Just pontificating out loud trying to break through to another dimension. I think photography is worth keeping in mind vanishing points, horizon lines and perspective lines but how to use them to increase the coolness of pictures? I'll have to look into perspective and photography more and yeah probably get a clear ball sometime.

Most reactions

Back