Crystals and Dragon Rocks

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How does this picture feel to you guys? Does it have the special feeling in your heart that a good picture produces or is it lacking something?
297806190_7de7a4cebd.jpg

It is lacking the full foot of the glass and has distracting corners too many (upper left side, lower right side), and while the glass thingies in the glass may be well in focus and shining nicely, I would have preferred to see some liquid in the glass as well (and maybe real ice cubes) - and a warmer colour than blue to produce "a special feeling in my heart".

Bluntly speaking: this photo does not produce any feelings in my heart.
(This is Critique, you come to Critique with your photos, so I assume you are prepared for this?)

I'm gonna agree. I definitely don't like the fact that the full reflection isn't there, and if you should really get lower so you can see the beads(?) through the side of the glass as well. I say, reshoot this, lower, with a plain clear glass (no stripes), with these orb things, and some water. Ok? Then hit your self timer and drop some blue (maybe red) food dye into the water. That or have someone else drop the dye so you can shoot a few if your cam has the capabilities.

Huge critique but shoot that photo!

LaFoto said:
(This is Critique, you come to Critique with your photos, so I assume you are prepared for this?)

I was... If I don't know what I'm doing wrong I can't fix it for the future... right? So thank your for you comments.

Back to the composition again why did you leave the large black space on the right side. It looks as though it is going to fall under the weight of all that empty space there. I you shoot a horizontal image in my mind at least there should be something out there to balance the space. Now tht is just my opinion and it probably isnt worth the price of these electrons.

Did you have a 'special feeling' in your heart when you shot it?

If so, what was it?- I'm left a bit clueless here. What were you thinking?

Maybe if the focus on the rim of the glass were sharp and the contents slightly blurred?

Why is this a horizontal format? Vertical may have worked better, and why buy all of those electrons for the shot if you aren't going to use them?

The thing I find most distracting about it is that the bottom of the glass is cut off. If you were going for an abstract thing then I think you're on the right track.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back