CS4 and Noise Ninja Actions Help

iflynething

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some batch actions I would like to run. I already have a 1600 ISO profile (from the plug-ins found on Nikons website for the D300) action made and I thought it worked when I ran that on the pictures shot at that ISO, but it might not have.

I was trying to set up an action for ISO2000. Made a new action sub folder under my "Noise Ninja" main folder to keep it organized. Started recording and stopped after the NN had been applied.

When I tried to apply it on the other images, the NN window came up. It seemed like it was saying it didn't know what to do.

I did do alot of tweaking to the profile I already have for the D300 - adjusting the USM, smoothness, contrast, etc before applying the dummy image that was recording the actions.

I am not sure if I need to do something different or what. I even saved my own profile for ISO2000 and saved it. Even then, it said it couldn't create something under the plug-ins sectioin of the program files for CS4

Am I doing something wrong, or just leaving something out.

Any help would be appreciated. My ultimate goal is to have an action set for all ISO ranges from 100-6400 (of course set to how I want it to be)

Thanks for your help

~Michael~

If you want to shoot at high ISO make sure that your camera is set ON the NR (Noise Reduction) for Nikon so that you can't get much noise in the image when editing and apply the noise ninja at the end of processing.

Last edited:
Yes you have to set it ON whether it is JPEG or RAW... besides it will be safe just incase you want to change it in a high ISO. Also you need to scan your PC if there's a virus on it. Make sure that your Noise Ninja will be set to default setting.

Most reactions

Back