CS4 Raw or Lightroom 2

rangerrick9211

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ahhh... of course the new raw would offer the same possibilities as lightroom's develop module. Adjustment brush and grad effect are now inherent to both, so what's the point in light room.

Lightroom is several times cheaper than CS4...

Also, I think they're intended for different purposes. LR is intended to speed up workflow, giving you just the tools you need and orginization. CS4 is intended to do everything and lacks orginization.

CS4 is probably overkill for a lot of people, and for other people LR can't do enough.

Lightroom is an awesome workflow solution to us wedding photographers. It is a great way to stay organized mostly. Pair it with photoshop and you have everything you need. I honestly dont use photoshop much, if at all when editing a wedding.

is lightroom compatible with RAW? i ususally shoot in RAW and i wasn't able to find a way to import RAW into LR.

is lightroom compatible with RAW? i ususally shoot in RAW and i wasn't able to find a way to import RAW into LR.
Lightroom was designed mainly for RAW...but you can import other files types as well.

This really shouldn't be an either/or comparison (although price is a factor). Photoshop is an image editing program while Lightroom is a workflow program.

If you are mainly into landscape or artsy shots, then Photshop might be the more useful choice But if you often work with a large number of images, Lightroom can't be beat.

If you are mainly into landscape or artsy shots, then Photshop might be the more useful choice But if you often work with a large number of images, Lightroom can't be beat.

Have you ever used Aperture 2? I think it definitely contends with Lightroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back