CS5 - how to correct uneven skin tones(tan face, light torso, dark hands)

Foxtrot_01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,
forgive me if this has been posted before but I have Google this topic and I haven't been able to find the right way to correct this, most of the tutorials are for correcting dark and light areas.
This is a nightmare scenario, the face is tan(makeup) the torso is white(Caucasian) and the legs and hands are a pink purplish. So I have 4 different skin tones on the same pic, trust me this will never going to happen.

I just need to know how can I use the face skin tone to paint the rest of the body(torso, hands and legs) to even it out.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Do you know about Adobe Community Help, and how with Photoshop open you can access it by pressing the F1 key on your keyboard?

CS 5 has a Color Sampler tool that you can use to sample the RGB values in the face. You can make as many as 4 samples.
Photoshop Help | Tools

Next you will need to select each area you want to correct using an appropriate selection tool.
Once the area to be altered has been selected you can make an appropriate Adjustment layer.

It really helps to have some hardcopy reference materials handy, like:
Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques for Photographers Using Photoshop (Voices That Matter)
Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thank you for the replies. I have Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: and although I have not gone through it whole, the closes thing I could find to solve my problems was on page 131-135.
Is there a way on CS5 to select an area and change the RGB numbers to match the ideal or wanted tone/colors?
I will try to post a pic later. I have googled "even out skin tones" but it shows me how to adjust the curves on light and dark and midtones but what about the color itself?
I used the color sampler and I got the RGB numbers that I wanted, now the challenge is how do I go about getting the area that I need (ex hands and legs) to change to the RGB number that I got in the face from the color sampler.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back