CS5 - Raw 7.1 Question

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Convoluted one here.

I have Adobe CS5 and lightroom 4. In order to use LR 4 I had to upgrade Camera raw from 6.7 to 7.1. All works well.

However, when I edit a RAW file in PS as a smart object, and double-click, it takes me to the 6.7 version of Camera Raw instead of the new one (which, some of you know, has a different process and it gets all bedongled).

Any ideas on how I can associate the new 7.1 with PS5?

Convoluted one here.

I have Adobe CS5 and lightroom 4. In order to use LR 4 I had to upgrade Camera raw from 6.7 to 7.1. All works well.

However, when I edit a RAW file in PS as a smart object, and double-click, it takes me to the 6.7 version of Camera Raw instead of the new one (which, some of you know, has a different process and it gets all bedongled).

I don't think you can. You can't update the ACR in CS5 to 7.1, only LR4 can be updated to the newest process. If you can open from LR to PS as a smart object, then you could do it because the image remembers where it came from and would go back to LR. I don't use LR regularly, but I don't *think* you can do that.

Convoluted one here.

I don't think you can. You can't update the ACR in CS5 to 7.1, only LR4 can be updated to the newest process. If you can open from LR to PS as a smart object, then you could do it because the image remembers where it came from and would go back to LR. I don't use LR regularly, but I don't *think* you can do that.

Nah it doesn't do that. I open from LR4 (right click, open as smart object in photoshop...) but it still goes to camera raw 6.7 when I double click the smart object. Ah well... thanks anyway.

CS5 uses ACR 6, and can not be upgraded to ACR 7.x

CS 5 does not speak the new default PV2012 that LR4 uses. (PV=Process Version)
However, you can configure LR4 to use the previous PV2003 and PV2010, but that pretty much just turns LR4 back into LR3.

If you don't already have it, I highly recommend you get - The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's so dumb that they do it like that...

Most reactions

Back