CS6 High Pass and LR4 Sharpening

davemazz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I'm having a hard time getting my images to look as good using LR4 sharpening as I do using high pass filter sharpening in CS6. I thought I read a while ago somewhere that LR4 is essentially a high pass filter. Any insight? I tried using a combination of settings in LR4, but can't seem to duplicate CS6's level. In CS6, I'm exporting a 16 bit tiff, creating a duplicate layer, setting the high pass anywhere from 3-6, then setting blending to soft light usually.

Where did you read that LR 4 Sharpening was essentially the same as using CS 6's high pass filter?

LR 4 is a parametric image editing application as is CS 6's Camera Raw. Camera Raw/LR 4's Develop module both use ACR 7.

CS 6 is mainly a raster graphics editing application, that also has some vector graphics capabilities.

Get the book written by the guys (Pixel Genius LLC) that wrote the software that makes Camera Raw/LR's Sharpening panel work - Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok cool, thanks I'll definitely grab that book.

Most reactions

Back