Cuddling birds!

mattman3680

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres a picture I took, thought it was pretty cool. I am open to all feedback!
Birds-at-AW-1.jpg

Matt

Great birds, I have an African Grey myself.

I think you should try darkening the highlights and lightening the shadows a bit in pp, other than that I like this pic. :thumbup:

Hey Matt. Those look like Military Macaws. Are they about 26" head to tail? There are a couple mini-macaws that look similar, that's why I ask.

Thanks for the feedback!

John- they are eclectus parrots and are about that big. Awesome birds!

Is this better?
DSC_8486.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

John- they are eclectus parrots and are about that big. Awesome birds!

Is this better?
DSC_8486.jpg

No I beg to differ. Eclectus are much smaller, have a different shaped beak, smaller feet and the female is red, the male is green. (The Eclectus is the only commonly kept parrot that can be sexed easily by color) The Eclectus does not have the bare face area around the eye. An Eclectus depending on variety is between approximately 11" and 15" tall with a short wide tail. Also the cage roof hanging habit seen in your photo is not typical of the Eccie, although they can do it.
The macaw has a long tapered tail. I have raised these guys and kept them as pets for over 20 years. Don't want to sound harsh, and I hope it didn't come across that way, but I have a little experience with them.

Its fine. That is just what I was told at the store where these pictures were taken. Maybe they were refering to a different bird and I misunderstood.

Sorry for the confusion.

Matt

Most reactions

Back