Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
X Pro-2
f/5.0
ISO 4000
1/125 Sec.
Fujifilm XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR
16 mm Equivalent 24 mm

(Processed In LR, Color Efex Pro 4, & Silver Efex Pro2)

20180309-untitled-144-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

When I view this I think of the Robert Capa remark "If it isn't good enough, you're not close enough." This certainly has potential, technically it is sharp and well exposed, needs a slight touch of contrast ... but it lacks impact. In a series this image would have a place, but as a stand alone ... to my eye it is on the Meh side of images. For starters, I'd crop the the ceiling out down to the exit sign ... then I'd go back and shoot it again. The most impactful element(s) of the photo are the pictures of the Kennedys.

Last edited:
Nice call on cropping out the ceiling. If you scroll down until it's not visible on your screen it really shows how much more engaging the photo could be without it.

Another vote for cropping down to the Exit sign. The top light now is an odd diagonal bright slash that only draws the eye away from the people, who are most important elements in the image. Just below the Exit sign are the horizontal lights of the turnstyles, which could work well for framing the people.

You could make the shot even tighter by cropping out the last turnstyle gate on the left, to where the first picture along the bottom is RFK. A bit of contrast would add some punch. It's a worthy enough shot to make some effort with tinkering a bit. Nice capture.

When I view this I think of the Robert Capa remark "If it isn't good enough, you're not close enough." This certainly has potential, technically it is sharp and well exposed, needs a slight touch of contrast ... but it lacks impact. In a series this image would have a place, but as a stand alone ... to my eye it is on the Meh side of images. For starters, I'd crop the the ceiling out down to the exit sign ... then I'd go back and shoot it again. The most impactful element(s) of the photo are the pictures of the Kennedys.

Nice call on cropping out the ceiling. If you scroll down until it's not visible on your screen it really shows how much more engaging the photo could be without it.

Another vote for cropping down to the Exit sign. The top light now is an odd diagonal bright slash that only draws the eye away from the people, who are most important elements in the image. Just below the Exit sign are the horizontal lights of the turnstyles, which could work well for framing the people.

You could make the shot even tighter by cropping out the last turnstyle gate on the left, to where the first picture along the bottom is RFK. A bit of contrast would add some punch. It's a worthy enough shot to make some effort with tinkering a bit. Nice capture.

I must admit, it never occurred to me to crop the ceiling & yes absolutely to the exit sign...

Thanks for all the input...

Cheers,

Enezdez

Most reactions

Back