Curious for your Thoughts. Thank You :)

OcLove

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I've posted my work once on here before, to get some feedback and i guess my photo was to small for anyone to give their comment. I apologize for that. So hope this new photo submission is large enough. ( i come on this forum through the app on my phone). Thank you for your time :D

$image-1175406706.jpg

It's a nice enough image, but what it lacks is a purpose; that is, there's no area or point of focus, no main subject that I can see. The question in my mind, looking at it, is: "Why did you take this picture?"

^this... no real subject. Not much interest there for me, at least.

If not much interest then, there seem to have been enough for You to take the time to even comment. If I had no interest in something, I wouldn't have wasted my time to say anything at all. Lol. :D

FWIW (not much), I like it. To me, the street itself is the subject. But what do I know?

If not much interest then, there seem to have been enough for You to take the time to even comment. If I had no interest in something, I wouldn't have wasted my time to say anything at all. Lol. :D
This is a photography forum; that's what we do. I look at and offer critique on lots of images, some I like a lot, some I'm neutral on, and some I don't like at all. Remember this is totally subjective, and just because I don't like it, or don't find an interesting subject in it doesn't actually mean it's bad or wrong. At the end of the day, it's your work, and if you executed your vision the way you intended and you like the result? That's all that matters!

I like it a lot, I think its dark enough to create a nice amount of contrast for the lights as well as the lonely feel. It gives me the feeling of whats left after the festival ends, how bare the streets become when the party is over. Regardless of what anyone says Im a fan and as long as you are thats all that matters.

I feel like I did waste my time, thank you! So you mean that you don't want to hear anything unless it is positive?

At the end of the day, it's your work, and if you executed your vision the way you intended and you like the result? That's all that matters!

Very true! But that does not automatically mean that it is good, though... just that one achieved what they were attempting....

I don't think a "subject" is necessary as such, but I suspect that what the other posters might have been seeing -- and what I am seeing -- is that there is also no hierarchy of interest here. Each of the bright spots seems to be of roughly equal brightness, there are some lines and spots of interesting color that don't seem to be leading the eye anywhere in particular.

I think that with some burning and dodging, some adjustments to brightnesses, this could be made quite good, and could draw the viewer in and lead them on a little tour of this attractive and interesting street. As it is, with all of equal apparent importance, we're not sure where to go, where to start, and it's harder for us to appreciate the scene, being drawn in all directions at once.

I feel like I did waste my time, thank you! So you mean that you don't want to hear anything unless it is positive?
It is nice to be appreciated, isn't it?

lol! When someone says "Curious for your thoughts" and you offer your thoughts, and they basically say "don't waste your time saying something I don't want to hear".... what can you do?

I agree with amolitor's critique. You can go a bit tighter on the venue.

If there were some darkened figures walking at different depths, it would add some interest and lead-in.

lol! When someone says "Curious for your thoughts" and you offer your thoughts, and they basically say "don't waste your time saying something I don't want to hear".... what can you do?
I suppose I could lose sleep over it... but I won't bother!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back