cursed camera

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought long and hard about writing this, then about where to put it if I did. I decided that this is the most spirtual place in a secular forum so here goes.

I know we are all too worldly to believe in curses, but sometime during the late 1920s it is my belief that Kodak had a witch working in their New York facilities. I have a cursed camera. There is no doubt that this camera is cursed, the only question is how deadly is the curse of the 3a. So you don't believe in curses let me document this one.

I bought a Kodak 3a camera on ebay. It was sold as a broken camera so I wasn't surprised to find the lens standard broken beyond hope. It didn't matter to me since I had no intention of using the camera I just hoped the lens wouldn't be in too bad shape.

The lens was just like the day it left the Kodak factory. I had no idea how a vintage lens actually felt new until that lens. It was absolute perfect the sutter that is. The glass had been in storage for amost a hundred years so needed some help.

What I think happened is someone with a buck or two bought the 3a state of the art camera that shot a roll film almost 4x5 actually bigger than 4x5. The 3a was used by a lot of newspapers so it might have been that or even a cop camera. Whatever it was it got ruined very, very early most likely on day one. The owner tossed it in the closet an there it stayed until I bought it on ebay. Most likely after his death caused by tripping over it and falling down the stairs at 99.

So I had this late model plastic polaroid folder that I was looking to do something with. I built a back and then converted the lens board for it. I have since managed to distroy it almost completely. It's ugly as original sin which isnt unusual but it continuously leaks light which is unusual for one of my builds. I cant find all the places it leaks. Im going to check the bellows and if there are no leaks there then its rebuild the front standard.

I figure that with this cursed project I should wind up cutting off both hands and most of one leg while redoing what I already did.

Anyway here is what the cursed thing looks like. I will add the picture I shot with it in a few more minutes.

This is converted 4x5 3a

image1ps0.jpg

image3om9.jpg

Better cursed than possessed, I'm thinking. You COULD wake up in the middle of the night and find that thing perched on your footboard, staring at you like an Evil Eye straight out of Poe. :shock:

:runs screaming at the very thought:

mysteryscribe said:
Please note how aptly the background fits this camera... also the bird doo around the camera. Have I got an eye or what
I was thinking the light leak looked like a ghost. :mrgreen:

You should shoot that camera all the time in cemeteries and scare a bunch of people with your "sightings". :lol:

Awwww, you’re whining again, fix the d*** thing and take some of your brilliant photos the we all look forward to.......please.

acsonpg said:
Awwww, you’re whining again, fix the d*** thing and take some of your brilliant photos the we all look forward to.......please.
:biglaugh:

Years ago I was attempted to build a waterproof housing for my father’s 8mm movie camera. Needless to say after many, many frustrating hours/days of putting/cementing together several pieces of Plexiglas, it leaked……..No, I didn’t put the camera inside while I tested it. The housing eventually wound up in the 86 file cabinet. :er:

My heart is with you.........

Most reactions

Back