Curves and points

outlier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a fun set of photos from a trip to Chicago in late summer. I'm not sure which one I like best. Any C & C is most welcome!

IMG_0338-3.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

I definitely like number 2 better. The first one has an annoying slant to it and the composition is awkward. #2 is a great photo, but all I have to say is that it could do with a bit of a crop. Chicago looks fun. :)

I like #2 as well, the first shot is tilted, an easy fix in PS.

Funny thing is, Ive yet to photograph that walkway, and Ive been in Millenium Park a few times, yet I still havent shot it yet. One of these days....

Thanks all. Yes, I like # 2 a lot. That walkway just jumped out at me. If you get down that way I highly recommend trying a few shots.

I'll have to figure out how to straighten things in PS before my trial software expires.

I like #2 as well, the first shot is tilted, an easy fix in PS.

Funny thing is, Ive yet to photograph that walkway, and Ive been in Millenium Park a few times, yet I still havent shot it yet. One of these days....

I'll have to figure out how to straighten things in PS before my trial software expires.
In the same button as the eye-dropper, is the measure tool (looks like a ruler). Just click two points on a line that you want to be vertical or horizontal...then go to Image/Rotate/Arbitrary...the correct angle will already be in the input box, so just click OK.

Fixing barrel distortion is a different matter :lol:

In the same button as the eye-dropper, is the measure tool (looks like a ruler). Just click two points on a line that you want to be vertical or horizontal...then go to Image/Rotate/Arbitrary...the correct angle will already be in the input box, so just click OK.

Fixing barrel distortion is a different matter :lol:

Thanks Big Mike! I'm still very new to photoshop so that tip probably saved me an hour of fumbling for a way to do that. Much appreciated.

Very nice I love the comp in 2 :mrgreen:

Here is number one again but straightened and cropped as suggested. I'm not sure I like it better composition wise but it is straight now...

chicagoskylinecropped.jpg

Most reactions

Back