LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:
well, you can get 72ppi screenshoot of whatever you show on your screen. There is no way to prevent that unless you put watermark right in the middle of the image. Especially if you are good with photoshop and you have a large monitor. If you allow user to zoom in, they can zoom in parts of the photo, capture screen, go to other parts until they have the whole photo. Then they use photoshop to stitch them together. There, you will have your self a pretty high resolution of your photo.

Watermark right in the middle is the best way I think.

Low res, 800x600 max images; if they want them that bad, let them have 'em.

I agree. Beyond that, I work hard to show my clients that there is value in the service I provide, whether it's my prints/products, or the sessions.

What about having the "right clik disable" function put to the galary pages???

What about having the "right clik disable" function put to the galary pages???

I did that for a while and found out that it was more of an annoyance to me than anyone. Quite often when I'm away from my main computer I'll want to download an image from the 'site, say to demonstrate to a client what a difference a quick crop or other simple edit can make and when I don't have the ability to just grab the image, it's a pain.

If you have right click disabled, and have a way to disable print screen (there is no way i can think of), then people will take a snapshot of the screen with a camera LOL

We should just put a TREX face on the top of the portraits? Thats why when my biz is starting I am just selling the digital files!

Watermark right in the middle is the best way I think.
Just go to Youtube for the videos that show/explain how to remove watermarks. ;)

I know that most flash websites, the right click doesn't give an option to save or print.

Reminds me of chinese bootleg movies (VCD and VHS), someone actually brought a video camera and record the movie screen. You can see people walk and sit down LOL.

I know that most flash websites, the right click doesn't give an option to save or print.
So, then all they need do is take a screen shot.

To answer the question about preventing people from capturing the screen, there are some ways that work in some browsers, but it involves constantly clearing out the clipboard data using javascript. I'm not a fan of this approach since a user could get pretty upset if they had something important on their clipboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back