Cute Couple.

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a couple i did at the beach yesterday. Any honest C&C would be appriciated, or any thoughts at all. :D

1)
ashleymitchell025.jpg

2)
ashleymitchell040.jpg

3)
ashleymitchell065.jpg

4)
ashleymitchell083.jpg

5)
ashleymitchell091.jpg

These look like they were taken at mid-day and thus the faces are generally underexposed with lots of heavy shadows.

Not the best time. Sun is harsh, shadows fall in bad places. You might have used some fill-flash.

The_Traveler's notes aside ... here is come C&C on composition.

#1 is very flattering to the female, with exception to the weed growing out of her head and the "man hand" effect of her right hand.

#2 Might need a closer crop - find the fencing fore and aft distracting.

#3 is a cute snapshot

#4 was well thought out. Would have rather seen that rail lead into the image then out of it. Some apparent distortion with the males hand/forearm closest to the lens - cropping it tighter on the couple may work.

#5 I get what you were going for - but we are looking up there noses and her right arm isn't very flattering.

mid day is one of the worst times for good lighting, its a perfect time for snap shots which is what most of these look like

Enough said about the light. The B&W ones compensate for that and made a nice change.
I like the heart idea but take a bucket with you and you can then scoop some water, splash it on the sand to get rid of old footsteps. Clean sand works best for these shots.
I really like the pose in the first shot. Next time try to show more of her arm if it is draped over or behind a back. You want to avoid the appearance of a hand growing out of a shoulder.
Overall, a few changes next time and you'll be doing great!

Thanks for the suggestions, Actually it was only around 10 when these were shot. but i agree there are some harsh shadows on some.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back