Cute female pics. Critisizm please...

fotoadam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dunin.org
raye03.jpg

raye05.jpg

couple of pics, what do you guys think..?

And this one, whats the best way to get rid of the shadow on her face, just a simple fill flash from the camera or perhaps professional lighting..?

raye11.jpg

Adam

The second shot is by far the best imo. But I'm a sucker for black and white and lotsa contrast.

In the third, it seems as tho the background is too light, and the subject is too dark. A fill flash might lighten it up, but it would be far simpler to get her to lay down on some grass in the sun :)

Crop the first one tighter to the subject, and watch out for that "broken arm" on the left. Maybe have her bring her left arm back around to the front.

I like the second one just like it is.

For #3 use a fill flash or a reflector. I use white foamcore. Get closer to shaded part of wall or shoot on overcast day to avoid bright wall in background.

thanks for the info. these are untouched and I have did any sort of cropping, i was just more or less asking for the quality of the shot and such. I didnt notice her left arm with the "Broken" look to it, LOL. it does look a bit unnattractive.. I also like the second on the best. It looks great. almost Noir.. Thanks again. anything else..

Oh yeha, whats foamcore..?

Adam

I think fill would have lightened the shadows which would be ok. Foamcore is a mounting board for photos to give a little more strentgh when mounting in a frame.

the second one is by far my favorite .. very grungy :D .... you got any more from this shoot? .... i love her haircut (im such a girl :p )

I spend way too much $$$ on photography so I'm always looking out for ways to save money. Rather than buy a fancy, and expensive reflector set, I use white foamcore boards. They work really well, and at $4 a sheet it's cheaper than the cheapest reflector. Poster board and mat board work just as well; I like the durability and stiffness of the foamcore. Sometimes I wrap it in aluminum foil for more specular lighting. I carry a couple of spring clamps so I can clamp several pieces together to make one big reflector, or clamp the foamcore in position, etc...

Not that fill flash is all that complicated, but using reflectors is just easy, and works well in most portraits.

Most reactions

Back