Cute little girl C&C please

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are photos of my second cousin once removed (my first cousin's daughter). I'm actually helping him do a drywall job and after we were done for the night, I pulled my camera out and took some pics of his daughter. They're kinda noisy because it was getting dark so I had to crank the ISO. I need a body that preforms better at high ISOs. :( I should have opened up the lens a little more, but she was moving so much I needed the DOF to have a chance to get her in focus.

Anyway, I like the way a couple of them came out. Your critiques are appreciated. Click for exif.

In the original of this one her eyes are very, very blue. Unfortunatly if I don't desaturate it a little everything else is blown out.

She was pretty interested in seeing the results, and this one was taken with her up very close and I just put my arm out and shot. The focus is off, I'm aware, but it's hard when you can't put the camera up to your eye. :)

The eyes aren't in focus

not a fan of the second one and how the girl overlaps with the other woman in the background

Note if you want to keep the blue eyes saturated than only desaturat the other colors.

EDIT
3815677121_93dbd898d4_o.jpg

Cute kid, but I think one would generally classify these as "snapshots"... meaningful mostly to those who know the little girl, but otherwise not photographically compelling. (totally fine thing to do, btw, but not something I would necessarily look for critique on, were it me)

Most reactions

Back