Cutest little guy at the park!

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to the park this morning to capture some bird shots (geese and duck). I was standing pretty still, waiting for them to fly onto the pond when out of the corner of my eye I saw this little guy walking along the shore.
I believe he's a mink. It was rather curious of me, but wary of any movements. I luckily had been crouched so it wasn't like I was towering over him.
He went in one end of a drain, and popped out the other.
Otter1.jpg

Otter2.jpg

Oh my gosh, he's so cute! How fun. :) Isn't it great when you go to shoot one thing and end up finding something else just as great?
#1 is my favorite. I might crop #2 just a little bit more because the bottom is a little distracting from the mink. Great photos.

Cute for an "on the fly shot"! both shots could be more in focus, but it is so hard to get the shot and the good focus, it is better to have a blurry shot than no shot at all
It is really cute and I love the expression!

Neat - I really like the second shot as it has a sense of character to the subject with the way its peeking at you from around the corner. It's rarer to see many smaller mammals in photos, many are very elusive and hard to see even at the best of times.

Cute for an "on the fly shot"! both shots could be more in focus, but it is so hard to get the shot and the good focus, it is better to have a blurry shot than no shot at all
It is really cute and I love the expression!

Thanks for the comments. I am hosting on Photobucket, and for some reason they are never as sharp as the image really is. On my desktop/laptop they are quite sharp. I took numerous shots of this little guy and while some were OOF, these were not.

Are you resizing the photos yourself or letting Photobucket do it? I've generally found that Photobucket isn't as good as sharpening and resizing as some other hosts (flickr tends to be better, if sometimes considered oversharpening) - also if people are using the forums built in resizing feature that I don't think applies any sharpening at all (so if you can see the "this photo has been resized" consider clicking it to see photos as they should be).

I agree that they look a little soft, but like you said, it could be photobucket.

This might look bad, but lets see if some post can help the sharpening at all.

$Otter1.jpg$otter2.jpg

^Your original on the left, my edit on the right. Now that I see this posted, I'm thinking somewhere in between those 2, maybe 70% opacity on mine, would look great.

That second one is awesome. So much character in that, as over said.

What a cute little creature.

Most reactions

Back