CW Jones, Just saying hi

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, my name is Collin and I am addicted to photography. I am from Connecticut and am currently going to school for photography. This is not my first time on a forum, so I get the general idea haha. I will post up some of my pictures eventually, I also have a bunch of questions to ask. Not sure what you guys like for info... but here is what I have

Canon Powershot SX110 IS for digital

and

Pentax SF10 35mm SLR :thumbup:
I LOVE film photography, while it does seem to be getting phased out by the world of digital... I know there are still a few people like me out there that still love 35mm. I only shoot black and white 35mm, its just a personal preference I guess. Along with the camera I have a couple lenses, one is a Macro (28-50 I believe) and one is a 70-200mm lens

I have a few questions to ask as well... I will put them in here rather than making a new thread. If I don't get too many answers then I will make a new one.
-I am very into my 35mm camera... I am looking for some filters for the end of the camera that will work well with B&W... any thoughts?
-Is there a way to either replace the mirror in the camera with one that has third lines on it? or is there a way to add third lines? I usually don't use them except for making sure my picture is level.

so that's me... anything else you want to know PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!

-Collin

Hi Collin, welcome aboard.

-I am very into my 35mm camera... I am looking for some filters for the end of the camera that will work well with B&W... any thoughts?
-Is there a way to either replace the mirror in the camera with one that has third lines on it? or is there a way to add third lines? I usually don't use them except for making sure my picture is level.

For BW photography I would get the following filters:

Red, Yellow, Green, Orange, Neutral Density and Polarizer.

As for having lines on your mirror, not a good idea. You would be much better off with having the ground glass part of the viewfinder etched. Mirrors tend to deteriorate very fast.

should I either search or ask in a different thread what all of those filters will do for me? haha and which would be the best 1 or 2 for them? when you say the glass etched.... is that something commonly done? are the mirrors in the camera replaceable? I like the idea of etching the viewfinder... if its commonly done lol the mirror in my camera has some marks and stuff that are annoying... just wondering if I can relapace it?

Most reactions

Back