Cyanotype Demolition

Proteus617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been playing around with this process for a bit and starting to get the hang of it. 35mm negative scanned and printed 6x9 inches on translucent vellum. Arches watercolor paper coated with traditional chemistry, contact printed in winter sunlight for 20 min.

Very good detail and tonal range (not easy to do with cyano prints). Good job!

Very good detail and tonal range (not easy to do with cyano prints). Good job!

Thanks Compur. Herchel gave us the cyanotype, Adobe gave us CS5. Makes it easier than it was in the old days.

Which product is the translucent velum you use please?
Great job you did there!

I have always,always liked the look of the cyanotype process, be it "real" or simulated in Photoshop. This scene's subject matter lends itself well to a cyanotype rendering.

I have always,always liked the look of the cyanotype process, be it "real" or simulated in Photoshop. This scene's subject matter lends itself well to a cyanotype rendering.

I have a few more from this series. I'm thinking about bleaching and toning them eventually. Here's one more while it's still blue:

img010.jpg

Oh!!! This second,vertical one is awesome!!!! I love it!

Thanks Proteus617 for the info on the Velum!
The last shot is just great and it looks like I imagine Stalingrad looked during the 2nd WW!

...The last shot is just great and it looks like I imagine Stalingrad looked during the 2nd WW!

Agreed; I had a similar reaction. Maybe there's something to that!

Most reactions

Back