D 600 Owners, how about some feedback. Looking to upgrade.

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm planning an upgrade soon. Want to get into FF while the brain is still fairly bright. Going on 74. so this should be my last body, both ways.
Any thoughts, your post will be greatly appreciated. Later Old Hippy aka Ed

I upgraded to this from the D7000. It as a really nice camera. I am gassing for some better glass though. I love my 85mm 1.8; super sharp! I feel that my zooms do not do this camera justice. It does not resolve like the D800, but you can still crop pretty far if needed. I really like the low light performance. I can get acceptable indoor snapshots at ISO 6400. Still, I probably wouldn't need this if I had faster glass though, but it is nice to have it when I do need it. I really don't think you can go wrong with this camera. It is quite capable at sports, landscapes, portraits, church events, etc.

....kinda just bumpin' this along for ya,Ed.I'm in pretty much the same boat (except for the "wisdom" part).I'd like to start hearing consistent positives in regards to the oil/sensor issue.The D800 is on the radar,but I really don't want/need to get into the 36meg world.

Mine arrives tomorrow!! So stinkin' excited. Though I can't imagine having a whole lot of time this week to play with it.. hubs and I got food poisoning Friday night/Saturday morning and have been completely out of commission since basically, my son had a stomach bug Thursday night/Friday... our poor home is in shambles. lol

Mine arrives tomorrow!! So stinkin' excited. Though I can't imagine having a whole lot of time this week to play with it.. hubs and I got food poisoning Friday night/Saturday morning and have been completely out of commission since basically, my son had a stomach bug Thursday night/Friday... our poor home is in shambles. lol[/

Really interested in your feedback. Hope the bug gets gone before the camera get there.

YOLO. Go for it.

I am just barley south of 70 my self. ;)
I have had mine (D600) for a little over 2500 clicks. I thought it would be a backup to my D700 but i find myself picking the 600 most of the time. I agree that I do not need(want) a 36MP camera but the 24 is nice.The controls are totally different than the 700 but I am getting used to them. Its a little lighter than the 700 ,the dynamic range is great, you can crop the heck out of the images.
I had dust on the sensor but Nikon took care of it under warranty. Apparently the shutter was leaking around the base so they put in a new shutter .Took about a week and a half.
Didn't think I would care about the movie function but I fine myself using it on occasion.
No regrets didn't hurt that it was on sale for $1999.00 with 24-85 lens

I'm planning an upgrade soon. Want to get into FF while the brain is still fairly bright. Going on 74. so this should be my last body, both ways.

That's kind of depressing. Is it hard not to think that way at 74?

That's kind of depressing. Is it hard not to think that way at 74?[/QUOTE
Sorry if that came off as depressing. I am a young seventy something person. My wife is 20 years younger and want me to live till I'm 100. Go figure.
Every day is some sort of blessing. later Ed

Why not, dude? I don't think you'll have any misgivings going FF. My D700 still rocks and much like my car, I'll upgrade when the wheels fall off.

My partner is only a couple of years younger than me, but makes me feel (and perform) 20 years younger. :biggrin:

Why not, dude? I don't think you'll have any misgivings going FF. My D700 still rocks and much like my car, I'll upgrade when the wheels fall off.

My partner is only a couple of years younger than me, but makes me feel (and perform) 20 years younger. :biggrin:
You are one kick ass dude.. thanks Ed

You ain't 74.... you're just celebrating the 37th anniversary of your 37th birthday.

DXoMark tested the same 72 lenses they tested on the D800 and D3x on the D600...same basic winners...the three highest-performing lenses were the two Nikkor 85mm G-series lenses and the new Sigma 35mm f/1.4. They also tested some decent zooms from Nikon and Tamron and Tokina and Sigma.

DxOMark - General Overview

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/The-best-lenses-for-your-Nikon-D600/Wide-Angles-and-Telephotos
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/The-best-lenses-for-your-Nikon-D600/Standard-zooms-and-primes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back