D200 and continous focus

D-50

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was shooting a Hockey game last night and started using continous focusing on my D200 for the first time. The shots came out decent but I was wondering if this mode continously focuses on the focus area as the subject moves farther away or if it works in a different way? This was my first hockey game and it was tough, very fast moving. I shot with a Nikon 24 to 120 VR with the VR on typically aroun 1/60 to 1/90 at an f stop of 3.5 to 5.6. I could definatly use some fast glass but unfortunatly I can not afford it right now. any suggestions for settings in the future.

Ya, that's what it's for...it focuses constantly as something is moving. I'm not sure the difference, but I'm pretty sure I use AI - Servo.

I was shooting a Hockey game last night and started using continous focusing on my D200 for the first time. The shots came out decent but I was wondering if this mode continously focuses on the focus area as the subject moves farther away or if it works in a different way?

This is a complicated mix of which AF mode you are in (group dynamic single point etc) and how long your focus lock is set, how well you camera's predicative AF can distinguish between the subject and the background.

Read through the manual for the custom settings menu which deals with AF and the focusing modes selected with the switch on the back (not the one on the side) , since how your camera behaves in AF C mode is very dependent on the settings.

Most reactions

Back