D200 or D2x

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Putting cost aside......D200 or D2xs?????

The D2x with firmware update becomes a D2xs according to NIkon.
Firmware due later this fall.

Comments, please.

it seems pretty obvious to me...if cost isn't an issue, the d2x is a better camera, plain and simple. not that a d200 is in any way 'bad', though. if you don't need the d2x it's better to get the d200 and spend the rest on accessories and/or lenses.

thebeginning said:
it seems pretty obvious to me...if cost isn't an issue, the d2x is a better camera, plain and simple. not that a d200 is in any way 'bad', though. if you don't need the d2x it's better to get the d200 and spend the rest on accessories and/or lenses.

OK, but why do you think the D2x is better......aside from additional pixels, because it costs more?

I'm looking for your opinions and reasons, thanks.

The cmos sensor is suppose to be a better sensor than in the D200. I have a D200 and feel it is a great camera, so ......

I guess it depends on what your doing with it. Although I feel the D200 is really well made, the D2x is their pro body.

this might be a bit helpful...

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...byside&cameras=nikon_d2xs,nikon_d200&show=all

that shows a little difference in specs and features. like i said, the d2x is the better camera (body, autofocus, pixels, speed) but the d200 is still great. if you don't require the benefits of a d2x (that's always debatable) then the d200 is probably a better choice, since you can spend the extra on lenses and such.

The D2X is an insane body. That is all I can say. Using that verses my D70 is
near the difference of using my old 3.2mp point and shoot v. the D70. The FPS
is just ridiculous as well. Not sure if THAT is any different from the D200 but it
is simply an amazing camera. It is what my pop shoots with.

Most reactions

Back