D3 first impressions

Nice :D the D3 looks AWESOME!

Can i have your D1x :p

Why didn't I think of asking?! Now I'm second in line, at best, shoot. :p

The D3 does look awesome, eh?

It's funny how the kids at school think my D80 is like, awesome, and then I come on here and people have D3s. It's humbling. :]

so, are you liking that wide angles are ACTUALLY wide now?

Well, I have a 14 2.8 for the D1 series, on the D3 it's just obscene! I do miss the lost reach of my tele's though. a 400 3.5 just doesn't reach out and touch you like it did.

I bet that's pretty useful for like, architectural and landscape work. Damn, I'm jealous! I hope Nikon releases the D400 as full frame in two to three years when I've got to upgrade. Of course, maybe by then, I'll be totally rich enough to get a D4 or D3X. Probably not though.

Enjoy the amazing camera JSteudle! And by the way, those concert shots at ISO3200, were basically free of all noise. Amazing.

I find it pretty useful for well, everything. And ya, it's really amazing compaired to the D1X. I am one happy camper!

Well, I have a 14 2.8 for the D1 series, on the D3 it's just obscene! I do miss the lost reach of my tele's though. a 400 3.5 just doesn't reach out and touch you like it did.

Doesn't the D3 have a crop mode for just that? I would have sworn that the prototypes that were described had that function.

I could just be getting old though. :lol:

Doesn't the D3 have a crop mode for just that? I would have sworn that the prototypes that were described had that function.

I could just be getting old though. :lol:

The crop mode is for DX glass. It crops the frame to the same size as a DX chip, at about 6 MP resolution. But my 14mm is a full frame lens. I own no DX or G glass. (although the days of non-G lenses are limited I fear.) So the field of view I get with the 14 is about what you would see on something slightly wider than a 10mm on a Dx camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back