d3 vs d3s

Ejazzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am stuck in the middle right now and really need some help. I just sold my D300 and can get the d3 right now. Or I can sell my sony v1u and but the d3s. Should I keep my video camera and just get the d3?

Note: My video camera does not get much use anymore.

I would get the D3. Great body, available right now. The D3s is on backorder until who knows.

the only difference between the D3 and D3s is the video and the D3s is about a stop cleaner in the upper ISO's.

At ISO 100-800 they pretty much look identical.

Adorama has the D3s in stock. If you don't use your video camera no more, I would get rid of it.

Getting to the point I am considering trading off the Nikon gear for Canon.

Only because stuff is available with Canon.

**cough** ebay **cough**

where should i order the d3 from? I cant find it on BH

ok, not i'm just going to play devil's advocate..

Why not the D700? It's a D3, with the bottom grip chopped off, slightly slower, slightly smaller VF, 1 card slot, but with a pop up flash and a heck of alot cheaper too.

I prefer the d700... it's pop up flash is nice to have in a pinch, and with the vertical grip it's nearly as fast as a d3, and slightly larger so big glass is really comfortable.

when it comes down to it. The d700 is only 500 bucks cheaper when you get the 8 fps,

The 9 fps and fully weather sealed are pushing me to the d3

when it comes down to it. The d700 is only 500 bucks cheaper when you get the 8 fps,

The 9 fps and fully weather sealed are pushing me to the d3

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the d700 was fully weathered sealed too....:meh:

Most reactions

Back