D300 ERR with 50mm F/1.8

vtwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

Just picked up a d300 from B&H and was trying all my lenses with it when i found that my 50mm was throwing an error message. I have cleaned the contacts and the message still continues. I am able to shoot just fine with no error with my 55-200 and 18-105. Has anyone had these issues? Does this sound like its a problem with the body, lens, or both?

Let me know what other info i can give you.

Thank you,
Robert

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
Is the lens aperture ring set to the smallest aperture? You might be used to the newer G-series lenses with no aperture ring, and are therefore not used to setting the ring to f/22. My first thought is the above.

OP
V

vtwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Is the lens aperture ring set to the smallest aperture? You might be used to the newer G-series lenses with no aperture ring, and are therefore not used to setting the ring to f/22. My first thought is the above.
I am currently using a G-series lens (should have put that in original post). Also just plugged my 55-200mm back in and am not getting the err message again.

OP
V

vtwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Poltergeists? :pale:
Oh god i hope not!
I am going to borrow a friends 50mm and see if the same problem occurs. If that is the case i will just file an RMA with B&H.

OP
V

vtwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I sounds like there is an electronic fault in the lens.
I would agree but this is happening now in all of my lenses as well as my friend's.

OP
V

vtwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
So i think i found the problem. It wont shoot continuous frames. I think i have a shutter malfunction. I just submitted my rma, hopefully this goes smooth. I have never dealt with B&H before

OP
V

vtwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
B&H Photo Video is likely the most reputable photography store on planet Earth.

That is good to know and reassuring. I just shipped it back to them. In the rma I requested they send a replacement (I had the option of refund or other camera). So heres hoping to getting a fully operable camera.

Most reactions