D300 image problems ?? You?

Bevel Heaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bevelheaven.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have used now 2 different D300 bodies, with my 17-55 f2.8 Nikkor lens... On both of these bodies, I see something that I can only describe as a halo effect around anything shiny [reflections off painted surfaces, chrome, metals etc]. Kind of like what I would see from cheap glass.

OK I also shot with my 50mm f1.4 and guess what........ same thing.

I don;t see this using a D200, or a D80..... Back to back shots using different camera bodies, with these lens.. Big differences. GRRRRR. I shot with the camera store guy standing over my shoulder, then inside to print.

OK I can only assume they all are like that? I can keep taking back camera bodies but it is a waste of time. Looks like I will wait until Nikon gets it together with their sensor to step up beyond the 2/200 series?

Anyone else notice? I dunno bout you but I want to ee a crisp reflection, not a blurry halo..

jpeg. didn;t do any wierd settings, probably had it at iso 200 aperture priority [just out of habit], walked outside the shop cickity click click

actual technical term would be "chromatic abborations"

very noticable in print compared to D200 or D80 shots of same things, same times etc. Drats. Everything about the D300 I was just loving.... THis is a deal breaker if it turns out to be common.

Didn;t keep anything, just shot, printed, circular file. :thumbdown:

[no way it is a lens thing, we tried different lens, on all the bodies.]

I don't get this on mine, I have found the image quality to be great with little to no CA

What about the D lighting setting. If some one set the cameras for in store shooting they may have set them up already to try and get the most out of them. Then you take it out side with out adjusting it can really throw things off. Just an idea if they were both demos

Do you happen to have a crap filer on your lens? Probably not, but that is not the norm for the D300. At all.

Weird...

viperject must be either trolling or just trying to raise his post count. go away little boy unless you have something constructive to add. thanks.

OK as mentioned, we just shot, printed and tossed. Will try to find time to go back and do again and this time keep the files to post, but really, it was plain obvious, and no, the cameras were not adjusted to look good inside etc,....... This shop is on the street, the first thing they say is HERE GO OUTSIDE AND SHOOT SOME TO GET A FEEL when you are looking at a body or lens or whatever. Regardless good suggestion, will make sure to put things back to normal if not if I can go try again. thanks for the suggestion.

hopefully you will get the time to go back and play awhile I know some folks have said that the d300 shoots hot you may want to try a few shots with the EV stopped down some and see how that looks. other then that make sure they set it to factory default before you start to play with it and you make the adjustments as you go.

Most reactions

Back