D3000 shutter won't go slower than 1"

freezingparrot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to shoot a long exposure image. In Manual mode, I can adjust the shutter speed with the dial only down to 1", then it starts going back up. I've read that it will go down to 30" and then bulb mode, but I can't figure out how to do it. I'm hoping that I'm overlooking something obvious. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

Nikon d3000
Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm 3.5-4.5 DX lens

Hmm, my guess (I've never used a Nikon) ... auto ISO ?

I found the answer - I'm an idiot. I totally missed the fact that the shutter speed went from 1.6 to 1.3 to 1" to 1.3", 1.6", etc. I didn't notice the " marks, and assumed it was ramping the shutter speed back up. Excuse me while I crawl into a hole now.

Hmm, my guess (I've never used a Nikon) ... auto ISO ?

I found the answer - I'm an idiot. I totally missed the fact that the shutter speed went from 1.6 to 1.3 to 1" to 1.3", 1.6", etc. I didn't notice the " marks, and assumed it was ramping the shutter speed back up. Excuse me while I crawl into a hole now.

:whip:

Nah don't do that. Stay outta the hole and go take some photos. Unless that is where you intended to take the long exposure photos in the first palce. If that's the case by all means have at it and enjoy. And don't forget to post up a couple examples.

Now that you figured it out, take a nice long exposure inside the hole. ;)

Use flash so it won't be black......

(Is that piling on???)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back