D3100 flash issue

vijayatmu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I have been using my D3100 for more than 8 months. For the past 2-3 weeks, I have noticed whenever I shoot with either camera flash or external SB600 flash I am not able to shoot pictures in quick succession. Even as I press the shutter click, it takes 3-4 seconds to shoot the next picture. Pictures look normal.

If I don't use the flash, the camera shoots without any lag between my shutter click and picture capture. My lens and external flash are ok, as I have tested them on my friends D90. I don't see any post about this issue as I google about it. Not sure if any one has heard about this problem. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot?

I already reset my shooting settings to manufacture default but didn't help. Kindly help me, this is my first DSLR.

Thank you.

You should allow the flash time to refresh.

Hi

I understand that. But 3-4s b/w shutter clicks is little too long. Besides I tested my lens and external flash on D-90 and it was capturing the moments under less than a 1/4 second.

thanks.

The power setting of the flash unit, and the type of batteries it has in it, detemines how long it takes for the capacitor to fully re-charge.

When used at full power, 2.5 to 4 seconds to recharge is normal, regardless the camera the SB-600 is attached to. The SB-600 can cycle much quicker at less than full power.

This is all covered in the SB-600 user's manual on page 88.

You may also want to note the D90 can do FP flash sync mode, but the D3100 cannot.

Most reactions

Back