D3300 enlongated faces

jpegasys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a nice new Nikon d33o0 DSLR and took a few indoor photos with it using the 18-55 lens it came with. I noticed that the heads of people look very elongated. Looks noticeable and is annoying. Is there something I can do?

Thanks
Jpeg

As astroNikon was explaining this is not a camera issue but a lens issue.
If you want to get good head shots you should consider a lens that is around the 85mm which gives a very natural look to the face, shooting over 85mm is fine but as you go wider that means number bellow 85mm the face will look weirder and weirder.
If you have a 55-200mm telezoom lens then use it for portrait and as I said use it 85mm or above for pleasing results.

Goose%20closeup_zps1nhnpby5.jpg

Why
The
Long
Face?

Goose%20closeup_zps1nhnpby5.jpg

Why
The
Long
Face?
I hate to say it but this angle gives him a horse face :bouncingsmileys:

I am sorry I couldn't help it, the horse made me do it LOL

Thank you for the cool responses!! Yes I was very close to subject. I took some more photos and heads look normal as I move away. Phew. Thanks so much
Thanks for the tips too.

Thank you for the cool responses!! Yes I was very close to subject. I took some more photos and heads look normal as I move away. Phew. Thanks so much
Thanks for the tips too.
Remember we all fight each other (from time to time) about what camera body is better but the truth first is skills and secondly lenses, camera body is maybe third.

Remember we all fight each other (from time to time) about what camera body is better but the truth first is skills and secondly lenses, camera body is maybe third.
No it's camera body, skills, then lenses.
Oh no, wait, it's lenses, then skill, then camera body.
wait ...
:)

Most reactions

Back