D4, D800, Olympic

gerardo2068

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you had a vacation to go see all the London 2012 Olympic games and you can only take the D4 or D800 and a couple lenses at the most,

Which camera would you take and what lenses? And why?

:)

Speed Graphic.

Mmm way off topic. Don't care for film at all and canon isn't a choice lol.

The game would be a good part of all the photography but I'm sure there will be a lot of street photography, architecture and travel photography too, so I think both would do good. But I'm not a pro, so I'm curious to see what the pros here think.

I'm getting the D4 regardless of going to the Olympics.

I wouldn't take either one. At least not without a lens to go on it. While both are fine cameras, they're kinda like doorstops without glass hanging off the front of 'em.

Which one would I choose? Depends on if I'm paying for it.

Lol. That's why I said which 2 lens would you take with it

I would take the D4. I think it better for trips were there gonna be many different type of photography going on.

D4 forsure. 4fps continuous shooting isnt nearly enough imo.

D4 for the high ISO. But d800 would be great for details, I think. ( I'm not qualify to suggest anything, I'm learning. Lol ) just base on what I read about both cameras so far.

D4 for the high ISO. But d800 would be great for details, I think. ( I'm not qualify to suggest anything, I'm learning. Lol ) just base on what I read about both cameras so far.

What makes you say that about the D800?

I was reading the d800 with the high megapixel count it's great for very intricate photos with a lot of details

I was reading the d800 with the high megapixel count it's great for very intricate photos with a lot of details

The D800 is essentially a full frame D7000 with a 36 MP sensor.

The D800 is essentially a full frame D7000 with a 36 MP sensor.
Not even close.

The D7000 has a 2,016 pixel metering sensor and the EXPEED 2 image processor. The D800 has a 91,000 pixel metering sensor and the EXPEED 3 image processor.

The D7000 is still an entry-level camera that is now 1 generation down from the current Nikon state-of-the-art.

Most reactions

Back