D40 cleaning to remove grey spot

Kelsey33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First post!

I have a Nikon D40 that serves me well for the amount of photos I take (except that I want a better flash/flash diffuser). I've noticed that the D40 has begun producing images with a small grey spot in the lower right hand corner. Swapping lenses (I only have two, an 18-55mm, and a 55-200mm) does not change the problem so I'm guessing there's an artifact or smudge in the camera body. Looking in the body, I can't see it and I'm afraid to go rooting around in there.

I'm asking what should I be looking for in a camera cleaning kit, the average price of one, and what do I need to do to remove the grey spot without damaging any internal components.

It's getting old using the Photoshop Clone Stamp tool to fix this problem. Thanks for your help.

You probably have some dust on your sensor. Simple fix. You can get a cleaning kit, or have it cleaned professionally.

I am not an expert but it sounds like you have dust on your sensor, I'm sure there are post in this forum for instructions how just do a search for them. Hope this helps!

"dust on your sensor"

A-ha! Now I'm getting somewhere!

I'll search around the forum for sensor cleaning tips, but if anyone has any cleaning dos and don'ts that aren't obvious common sense things, please post them here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back