D400 and D750 rumours

The D400 is going to have a different body the the D300, the MP rating, sure.

The D750 specs, total horse****. I'm sure it's going to be 24MP, 3fps.

Interesting.

I don't get the swivel display. I mean, I do, sort of... and I'm sure it's something all cameras will have in the future... but on a pro body it just seems like it invites frailty.

Other than that... I would love to buy a D750 just to play with and see if it really blows me away or if I would rather have a 1D Mark IIIn / Mark IV.

It's fun to speculate and dream. :)

I wonder what Nikon will do differently if they push their APS-C sensor to 16mp given Canon's less than stellar reception of their 15mp 50D.

I have an idea, lets start D500 and D800 rumours on this site. That's bound to get our hits up. Pity we're not selling anything like Digital Rev is.

How about a D85?

Take a D90, strip out video, strip out JPEG, strip out all in camera processing, add more cache for longer RAW bursts, strip out all scene modes (only have M, A, S and P), strip out the flash, add a PC port, bump up the MP to 14+, lower the price. I'd take one!

Allan

Or lets do what Nikon are actually doing and abandon the 2 numbers all together. D5001 coming soon. hahahahha.

I used to think Nikon's numbers made more sense than Canon's.

Man I wish Nikon would just let DX DIE. Start putting FX sensors on consumer-grade cameras, just with lower MP (limit it to 16 MP or something so it doesn't compete with pro units) and they will beat the pants off Canon until they catch up - a) more MP (we know it's pointless but consumers love it) b) superior image quality c) superior ISO performance d) actual wide-angle, and telephoto is still possible.

How about a D85?

Take a D90, strip out video, strip out JPEG, strip out all in camera processing, add more cache for longer RAW bursts, strip out all scene modes (only have M, A, S and P), strip out the flash, add a PC port, bump up the MP to 14+, lower the price. I'd take one!

Allan

Good god yes. Add a port for a $6 mechanical cable-release while you're at it, and a good hand-held flash unit to go with it. Back to the basics for the win.

Man I wish Nikon would just let DX DIE. Start putting FX sensors on consumer-grade cameras, just with lower MP (limit it to 16 MP or something so it doesn't compete with pro units) and they will beat the pants off Canon until they catch u.

Nope it's not a technology issue. It's a yield issue. They could make 1mpx FX sensors and they would still cost just as much for Nikon to manufacture as the 12mpx ones. Well slightly less since one would hope error rates would be lower, but yields will still suck on FX sensors. You get less on a wafer.

The D400 will be a DX for sure. I hear that it could come out any time from May to July.

They need to just make a entry level camera and quit dorking around with video. If you want video buy a freakin video camera, or nikon can just make a HD vidcam like Canon does, and stick a F mount on the front.

We need a entry level DSLR with bracketing mode, 11 focus points, and a internal AF drive motor so we can use the older lenses (or get off your high horse and make the AF-S lenses affordable). Its insane that the entry level photographers are having to pay more for a single lens than they did for their entire camera.

And with all this liveview tilting lens junk...why bother having a DSLR if you arent going to use the viewfinder. Whats next...DSLR's without a viewfinder? Sheesh. Im sorry, but that LCD screen will NEVER be able to show what a viewfinder and mirror will.

Try the D60 or D80

We need a entry level DSLR with bracketing mode, 11 focus points, and a internal AF drive motor so we can use the older lenses (or get off your high horse and make the AF-S lenses affordable). Its insane that the entry level photographers are having to pay more for a single lens than they did for their entire camera.

Jeesh, want to be entry level then get a Point and Shoot or stick to the kit lenses. Better AF-S lenses won't ever come down in price as they are mostly geared to the prosumers and pros alike. You know, guys who use cameras with 11+ AF points, AF motors to support the old lenses they use which makes up pretty much every Nikon camera bar the D60 and it's outdated D40.

No high horse about it. These are top of the line precision instruments, and the comment is as much of an unrealistic dream as having bottom of the range FX cameras in the foreseeable future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back