D50 recording ISO

ericande

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been looking at certain photos I take and the EDIF (I think it's called) data for them to see what I might change about them. But I've noticed that when I right-click and go to properties from preview or wherever in windows it doesn't include the ISO. I've looked at random pictures online and they usually have the ISO in the data. Do Nikons or at least D50s not record this? Is it just my camera? I know I can go back to my pictures when they are still on the memory card in my camera and see what the ISO was so it is being recorded to some extent...

thanks

I see, I can use picture project. Are all nikons this way? Why do Canons show up in the windows properties?

It's got less to do with how the camera works and more to do with how Windows works actually - Windows only looks for specific tags in the EXIF info (stuff it knows). Other programs will read all the EXIF info - even the stuff they don't recognize.

I expect there is some info in photos taken with Canon cameras that won't display in Windows as well... probably less known stuff than ISO though.

Most reactions

Back