D500 Issues

Thank you to everyone who replied. I think I figured it out. It only happens on the 10 fps setting and usually after a second burst a few seconds following a burst. I then shot some with out the grip at all, it worked great. Then I put the grip on with no battery, and worked fine. Then I put the battery in the grip, but was still using the camera battery and it started happening again. I guess I learned my lesson buying non-Nikon equipment. The shame of it is that I was shooting in a marsh and this just happened to be the time the ducks flew and I missed what may have been some good shoots.
Good to hear that you figured it out.
There are so many varieties of 3rd party grips out there that one is rolling the dice on 100% compatibility. Some work okay, some work great, others just don't work well at all.

It's not just grips. I remember my Sigma 150-500 lens would drain my battery when left connected to the D7000 or D600 body even with the camera turned off. What clued me on to it was the green light would blink every so often with the body turned off !!

my vello d610 grip and neewer d800 are nearly identical. I really don't think the brand matter, they are all from the same warehouse in china. I see this a lot in car parts too.

Not a fan of third party grips at all,tried to save a few bucks on a third party grip when I had the D7200 and when I powered the camera on it would go into a few continues shots all by itself then stop.Had many shots of the wall,the carpet the ceiling the dirt on the ground.I saved on the money but not unwanted shutter clicks. I guess I don't have to worry about that now on the D7500.

Last edited:
I haven't an issue. I'm not spending the $300+ dollars the Nikon grip for the D800. The Neewer one I bought is $25 amazon prime -- I'll buy (12) of them before I'd consider a Nikon one.

Yes Nikon is way over priced on the grips about the cost of a entry level camera body.

The grips have evolved over time. I remember reading all sorts of problems with 3rd party grips years ago. and it's begging to save one money. But I was bit once badly so I'm OEM. Unless I get a D800E in which case the Adorama Magnesium grip is considered a prime replacement that I would try.

Most reactions

Back