d500 on dxomark

In theory the d7200 beats it image quality wise. All reviews I have seen put the d500 just in front of the d7200 here, I always wondered about these dxo chart marks. Either way the numbers so close as to mean nothing.

Looks like anyone looking for a 10fps crop camera really have a winner here

Well according to DXO The D7200 has a 87 overall sensor score putting it out in front of the D500,lower noise,more DR and better color depth but In the real world its probably not even noticeable and I imagine after shooting a D500 not one person is thinking about anything DXO had to say or wished they went with the D7200.That Said I love my D7200 to Death.

Unless you need the high fps, pro heft, pricey cards, and bragging rights...buy a D7200.

I want a D7200 in some ways but reality tells me to push forward with my D3300. I have a feeling I will not be shooting birds or my usual crap too much longer. I need to do something way different than flowers, birds, portraits, and sports. I am glad to work at a little of everything but frankly, I am bored with it all. I would like to do black and white macro shots of the wife's body but she said, "honey don't play that *hit".

The D3300 has a fantastic sensor and on paper lower noise then the D7200 and more then capable for almost anything. Just because they call it a entry level there is nothing about theD3300 image quality that lacks.

I want a D7200 in some ways but reality tells me to push forward with my D3300. I have a feeling I will not be shooting birds or my usual crap too much longer. I need to do something way different than flowers, birds, portraits, and sports. I am glad to work at a little of everything but frankly, I am bored with it all. I would like to do black and white macro shots of the wife's body but she said, "honey don't play that *hit".
For me the big change upgrading from the D5200 to the D7100 was the addition of that second control wheel. Being able to quickly and easily control both aperture and shutter speed was a godsend. But the d3300 will produce some fantastic images, so really it's not the final product that will change so much as it is ease of use. Which if course may or may not be worth it to you.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

and all the other test specs and comparisons => Nikon D500 camera tested at DxOMark | Nikon Rumors

interesting

interesting comparison that I've been waiting for == > Nikon D500 vs Nikon D750 vs Nikon D600 | DxOMark
If you want to see something interesting, check out PDR when you are focal length limited with the three cameras..Which of course is how I shoot :)
Photographic Dynamic Range versus ISO Setting
Or if you are comparing sensor only in the DX area (again focal length limited)(from Bill Claffs info on photonstophotos)
MAX PDR Low light ISO Low Light EV
D500 10.59 2452 9.62
D750(DX) 10.44 1785 9.16
D810(DX) 10.81 1436 8.84
He has a bunch of info on how he derives his numbers Sensor Analysis Primer

For me the big change upgrading from the D5200 to the D7100 was the addition of that second control wheel. Being able to quickly and easily control both aperture and shutter speed was a godsend. But the d3300 will produce some fantastic images, so really it's not the final product that will change so much as it is ease of use. Which if course may or may not be worth it to you.

You could do that with the D5200. Just assign the buttons. When I held down the "FN" button and used the wheel, I controlled ISO. When I held down the record button and used the wheel, shutter speed. And wheel without any button, aperture.

Everyone talks about the D5200 as if you couldn't control it quickly. My D750 is no quicker to handle than my D5200 was, as far as controlling ISO, aperture, and shutter speed goes. What bugs me about that is that there are a lot of reviewers, and people posting on forums, who didn't even take the time to set up their camera properly.

Also those DXOMark numbers are strange. There are many direct side-by-side tests of high ISO on the D750 and D610 that show the D750 coming out ahead by a visible margin (ISO 6400 and up). The D500 also has some side-by-side tests that show it performs incrementally better in low ISO over previous crop sensor cameras (I think Tony Northrup had a decent comparison).

As said earlier the numbers probably don't mean a thing, everything being so close. The fact that one can shoot 10fps and get 20mp raw images with as good image quality as this camera does makes it very desirable.

In real life, the d7200 or d5xxx or even the d3xxx are probably enough for most people, but this d500 pulls all the stops out. It seems an excellent flagship crop camera

Not a member of the video game generation, so anything that requires me to press and hold while using a dial just doesn't work out that well for me

Not a member of the video game generation, so anything that requires me to press and hold while using a dial just doesn't work out that well for me

On my d7000 I learned how valuable it was for super quick adjustments to adjust the aperture and shutter at the same time as they are different wheels. I don't do that super fast adjustments much anymore, but I easily can.

Well according to DXO The D7200 has a 87 overall sensor score putting it out in front of the D500,lower noise,more DR and better color depth but In the real world its probably not even noticeable and I imagine after shooting a D500 not one person is thinking about anything DXO had to say or wished they went with the D7200.That Said I love my D7200 to Death.
Well the comparison is between the sensors and not the whole camera, the D7200 is a great general use camera, the D500 is a specialize sports camera.
I also agree the differences in the real world will not be big but the price is, so I would rather have a D7200 with pro glass over the D500.
Of course have good glass overall I would want the D500 mainly because of its killer AF system but then I'm a FF guy so I would want the D500 AF system on my D750 :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back