D500 Viewfinder

Jacob Potts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
oRl5Zxm.jpg

When I try to open it all the way, it always closes back down to here. If I close it all the way, a little bit of the corner stays open. Any fixes for this/how do I remove the viewfinder?

Maybe you can unscrew the eyepiece, and using a toothpick or something like that you can open the eyepiece shutter, which is what is screwing up. It looks like you have a problem with the eyepiece shutter or the eyepiece blind , as some people call it. I guess there is some malfunction in the mechanism or in the switch.

I do not own a Nikon D500 so I do not know if the eyepiece shutter is exposed simply by unscrewing the eyepiece cover, which is that round rubber ring piece.

Maybe you can unscrew the eyepiece, and using a toothpick or something like that you can open the eyepiece shutter, which is what is screwing up. It looks like you have a problem with the eyepiece shutter or the eyepiece blind , as some people call it. I guess there is some malfunction in the mechanism or in the switch.

I do not own a Nikon D500 so I do not know if the eyepiece shutter is exposed simply by unscrewing the eyepiece cover, which is that round rubber ring piece.
There is a screw on the top that I took out. I tried to take the viewfinder off and it didn’t budge.

The pentaprism is permanently attached...

I was thinking that you could unscrew the rubber coated eyepice lens, and that perhaps the eyepiece shutter was right there out in the open.

you could unscrew the rubber coated eyepice lens, and that perhaps the eyepiece shutter was right there out in the open
I have a D500 and this is accurate. Unscrew the rubber coated eyepiece and the eyepiece shutter is exposed. It is in 2 pieces and it looks like the top piece is stuck.

you could unscrew the rubber coated eyepice lens, and that perhaps the eyepiece shutter was right there out in the open
I have a D500 and this is accurate. Unscrew the rubber coated eyepiece and the eyepiece shutter is exposed. It is in 2 pieces and it looks like the top piece is stuck.
I’ve unscrewed the eyepiece too and I can touch it, but I really can’t get it to stay up by doing anything to it. Honestly would prefer to just remove it if possible.

Most reactions

Back