D5100 issues?

No Michael, I have not clicked that much - it is probably just under 3,000 in the last 6 months. The camera was doing pretty fine for the first 2 shots I took yesterday. I used the 'live view' mode to record some video and then I reverted to back to viewfinder mode. That is when the problem started. My worry is, quite a few people in various forums had mentioned that they had this issue fixed through the service center only to have the issue come back after 3 months or so.

No Michael, I have not clicked that much - it is probably just under 3,000 in the last 6 months. The camera was doing pretty fine for the first 2 shots I took yesterday. I used the 'live view' mode to record some video and then I reverted to back to viewfinder mode. That is when the problem started. My worry is, quite a few people in various forums had mentioned that they had this issue fixed through the service center only to have the issue come back after 3 months or so.

I think this is just a coincidence. Try sending it back again.

Michael, I think so too. I was talking to a friend of mine today who owns a Canon and he told me that sometimes this could happen if you have setup some 'grid' option in the live view mode. He also showed me the grid view setup in canon for the 'live view'. I am not sure where this exists in the D5100. Would you know?

I have owned a D5100 for a year and half. Love it. Awesome pics. The only issue I have had after a year is black screen and Nikon Service is looking into it. (Two year warranty).
Nevertheless, this is a great DSLR. I should have opted for the D7000 though (more options and better)

I've had my D5100 since December and I haven't had any problems which what your describing @ all....

Dude, just get the D7000. I wish I did, but oh well, still a great camera!

Most reactions

Back