D5100 or D7000?

Hi,
as owner of D5100 i think it is great camera, i also built a Nikon D5100 site/blog (Nikon D5100) which covers tutorials and comparisons to other cameras, including Nikon D5100 VS Nikon D7000 page (i am adding posts on weekly basis).
basically - i think that the D5100 gives you great sensor (same as the D7000) and features for its price, and unless you really need all D7000 features, i'll say, save you'r money , and go with the D5100.
hope i helped.

Thom, I like your work on the website. My only DSLR is a D7000 w/ a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 lens. I had a D5000 and I love the IQ and the ergonomics. I hated the 2.7 screen, so I would probably like the new 3" screen of the D5100. One of the reasons I moved to the D7000 is the focus motor but I still much prefer lenses with built in motors. I still love my dedicated controls on the D7000, a must for me.

better view finder, CLS lighting, focuses the D lenses....and thousands of other reasons I went to a D7000
bigthumb.gif

My first DSLR is the D5100 :) I think in your case you should go for the D7000 definitely.

I plan on skipping the updated D7000 and going a step above that when it's time for me to upgrade. I don't think that's a bad plan! :D

My first DSLR is the D7000. It took me months to convince myself, but I'm glad I waited and bought it.Lots of reasons, like more flexible with the choice of lenses, that will fitt and work. No need to look on the back screen when changing settings. Commander mode from the build in flash unit. Like some say hundreds of small extra's make it worth waiting and saving for the extra money to buy the D7000. Not only the sensor makes the camera.I heard several professional photographers being enthusiastic about the possibilities and the quality of the pictures from the D7000.

Most reactions

Back