D5100 took a header ...

TammyCampbell

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So now I have a crack around the hotshoe, and my flash doesn't work anymore.and I can't attach a speed light to it... I can take limited pictures bright light long exposure . So now my question is.. D5200 , or D7000 ..I'm really tempted for the D7000 just for the superior housing. Even though I know the technology is 5 years old. So.. opinions thoughts. I think the old D5100 isn't repairable.

Attachments

• edited_1451058872918.jpg
    edited_1451058872918.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 406
PITA.

d7000 is same sensor as your d5100 with extra bells,whistles focus motor, better af etc
d5200 is similar to d5100 with 24mp sensor ad same af as d7000.

You know this. I'd pick the d7000, have used one often and its good. I do really like the swivel screen though, so the d7000 is not a clear winner for me

I know.. it just seems wiser to have a better housing. I'm still deciding probably will be, a couple months until I can purchase a camera though . I wish they made a tough case for d5200's. The features sound really great . Plus I liked my swivel screen.But the D7000 is definitely a respectable choice. So torn.

Is the D7200 out of price range?

Probably..Price comparable models is what I have to consider. My "hobby" won't warrant a couple thousand dollar camera . Not a pro here an enthusiast.

Refurbished 7100. I upgraded recently from 5100 and am very happy with the 7100. Nice improvement in IQ and features.

The D7000 is technically the same camera you already own, just different body/controls.

The D7000 is technically the same camera you already own, just different body/controls.

No it's not.

It has the same image sensor.
It has the same AF module.
It has the same EXPEED 2 image processor.

all the other improvements are in the "semi-pro" body/firmware. Like the focus drive-motor, dual-card slots, dual-wheel controls, better shutter, etc.

No it's not.

It has the same image sensor.
It has the same AF module.
It has the same EXPEED 2 image processor.

all the other improvements are in the "semi-pro" body/firmware. Like the focus drive-motor, dual-card slots, dual-wheel controls, better shutter, etc.

No it's not. There's way to many difference there to say they are the same. You listed yourself.

Also, any time I used a d5100 it had 11 focus points, the d7000 has nearly 40.

They are not really similar at all.

ah for some reason i thought it had the 11-point as well.

it's a camera. they are all the same.

All similar model numbers and so many released in a small time, its easy to mix a spec up

I love the passion of this community.. like I said there is time. I'm going to be a little snap deprived for a bit. But I want to make the right decision.Thanks

I myself went with a D7000 but that's because I recently got mine for a really good bargain. A friend of mine was selling it and offered me a price I couldn't pass. Needless to say, with all the firmware updates installed, I'm very pleased with this camera :)

Tammy, sorry about your camera. I think if you go with the D7000 (assuming you can find one for a really good price) you will find some good things about it :)

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back