D5200 Lens ~ Seeking at least 300mm

i would look into a refurbished 70-300 AF-P DX lens, the prices are about half of a new one. so $150 right now.

There are many different versions of the 70-300, so you want to find the one that shows: DX, AF-P, ED, and VR.

Thanks again! I purchased a refurb off Amazon and have been really impressed with it. Worked fine at our daughter's graduation, which was indoors. Seemed to be enough light in the place where the images came out really clear and not real grainy at all. I had it set to "auto" ISO so not sure what it mainly chose, but was good enough for what we need.

Can't beat that price at all. Looking forward to using this more outdoors.

i would look into a refurbished 70-300 AF-P DX lens, the prices are about half of a new one. so $150 right now.

There are many different versions of the 70-300, so you want to find the one that shows: DX, AF-P, ED, and VR.

Thanks again! I purchased a refurb off Amazon and have been really impressed with it. Worked fine at our daughter's graduation, which was indoors. Seemed to be enough light in the place where the images came out really clear and not real grainy at all. I had it set to "auto" ISO so not sure what it mainly chose, but was good enough for what we need.

Can't beat that price at all. Looking forward to using this more outdoors.

You were lucky.
Most indoor venues are too dark to use a lens like the 70-300, unless the ISO is way up at 12800+

Most reactions

Back