D5600 refurbished?

scottmandue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been shopping for a D5600 and see a few refurbished cameras out there, I thought these were relatively new? I presume these are cameras that have been damaged by the owner and turned in? Would you buy a refurbished D5600?
Thanks,
Scott

I would if the savings were worth it. I don't think refurbished were necessarily damaged, they might have been returned faulty, but should have been restored to 100% working condition by Nikon or a Nikon approved facility

I have been shopping for a D5600 and see a few refurbished cameras out there, I thought these were relatively new? I presume these are cameras that have been damaged by the owner and turned in? Would you buy a refurbished D5600?
Thanks,
Scott
There are many reasons that cameras end up as refurbished. Customers change mind and return to big box stores is a primary one. Sometimes stuff happens in manufacture etc.. I always reccomend Cameta Camera for Nikon refurbs as they offer a full year warranty. 90 days the same as everyone else and the balance you send the camera to them and they bring it to Nikon for repair which is about 4 miles away in Long Island. I have bought many returns from them with less than 100 clicks on the shutter with the exception of a D90 that had about 2k clicks if I remember correctly.... Nikon D5600 Digital SLR Camera Body - Refurbished includes Full 1 Year Warranty

Thanks guys!
In my shopping for an upgrade post they have convinced me to upgrade to a 7200, but with this info I will be comfortable getting a refurbished 7200.

I have purchased 2 refurbs from Cameta in the past. A D50 and a D300. Both were extra bodies so I decided to try and save some buying refurbished. Both worked very well. I in turn gave one to family and sold the other off when I did the next upgrade.

Most reactions

Back