D60 or D80 or what?

nate_mcnasty

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
i'm selling my sony dsc-f828 after having it for 2 weeks to upgrade to a nikon slr. now i need to know witch camera i should get. should i get a d60 or d80 or even better. i would like to take photos or nature seens and more.

thanks for the help

Do a search on "what kind of camera should I buy" and you'll turn up tons of threads.

That being said, it depends almost entirely on budget. I generally tell people never to buy less than a D80 unless they simply cannot afford it. The other sub-bodies are WAY too gimped in a whole variety of ways that are going to massively limit you.

You may want to take a look at a gently used d200... about the same price as a new d80, but better in every way. Metal body, faster, full use of pre-cpu lenses.

Patience, young padawan.

I would say also go into a camera shop and see if they have them in stock and mess around taking a few photos in store. See what you like always matters.

I would totally agree with Brian L, go into your local camera store and ask about which camera you should buy. Don't be afraid to ask, either. Try out every body you were thinking about buying with a range of lenses attached.

Just one thought of mine: If you're easing towards the D60, just get the D40 and save on the cash. It's pretty much the same camera, and in some ways the '40 outdoes the '60.

But if you're going toward the D80 or above, then just get that.

ha i did go today and they let me mess around with one
i really like how the d80 feels the d60 feels cheaper to me for some reason
there kits come with a d80 + a 18-103 nikon lens i think for $830 can i get a better deal some where else i really need to save the money

I got my D80 new and in box from "getitdigital" on ebay... i got the standard lens, the telephoto zoom, 2 "screw on" digital attachment lens, a tripod, 2 nine hour batteries, a table tripod, a flash, 1g memory card, memory card reader, camera bag, 5 year USA warranty, 5 free annual cleanings and a bunch of other random stuff.... paid around $1400 for it all... but that was before the D80 dropped in price....

here is a link...click me...its only going for around $1000

you can even call them... they can add something or substitute something that you may or may not want... i had no problems with them at all and got it in about 4 days...

hope that helps!
Nikon-D80-Digital-SLR-NEW-USA-Camera-Body-4-lens-16gb_W0QQitemZ130257971606QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back